Renault Security Gateway Function is workable on most Autel scan tools now: covering diagnostic and immo series such as Autel Maxisys Ultra, MS906 Pro, MaxiIM IM508, etc. Updates on OTOFIX could be expected after 11th, May, 2022.
Q1: What is Security Gateway Function?
Reply: Security Gateway Function is used for unlocking gateway that is in security mode.
Q2: Why it needs Renault Security Gateway function?
Reply: Because when gateway is in security mode, command for some function such as service function, active test, coding and programming will be blocked by security gateway, thus there will be no response to the command, therefore it needs Renault Security Gateway function to unlock security gateway to perform those function.
Q3: What model can support Renault Security Gateway? And from what version that each model can support? Is the version released?
|Model||Renault Software Version Starting to Support Renault Security Gateway||Released or not|
|Ultra, MS919, MS909, Elite-II, MS908SP II, MK908P II, MS908S II, MK908 II, IM608Pro II, IM608 II, 906Pro,906Pro-TS, D1 Pro (660)||V4.50||Yes|
|Elite, MS908 Pro, MS908S Pro, MK908P||V8.50||Yes|
|MS905, MS908, MS908S, MK908, MS906BT, MS906TS, IM600Pro, IM600, IM608Pro, IM608||V8.50||Yes|
|MS906, MS906S, DS808, DS808TS, DS808BT, MP808, MP808TS, D1 Pro (5260)||V7.50||Yes|
|D1, DS808S, DS808K, DS808S-TS, DS808S-BT, MP808S, MP808S-TS, MP808S-BT||V2.00||Not yet but it could be expected to release after 11-May-2022|
|MX808, MX808IM, MX808TS, MK808, MK808BT, MK808TS, TS608, IM100, IM508||V4.50||Yes|
|BT609, D1 Lite, MX808S, MX808S-TS, MK808S, MK808S-BT, MK808S-TS, TS608S, IM508S||V2.00||Not yet but it could be expected to release after 11-May-2022|
Note: Full coverage, please refer to:
Q4: What vehicle model of Renault Autel can support to access with Security Gateway Function?
Reply: The supported vehicle models are those as below:
CLIO V, CAPTUR II, CAPTUR II CN, MEGANE IV ph2, ESPACE V ph2, TALISMAN/SM6 ph2, NEW ZOE, ARKANA CN, XM3/NEW ARKANA, NEW SANDERO/LOGAN, MEGANE IV SEDAN ph2 (Vehicle year should probably be after 2019);
Q5: What condition needs to meet to support Renault Security Gateway function?
Reply: The device model and Renault software version should be those mentioned in the 3rd question, and vehicle should be those mentioned in the 4th question.
Q6: How to purchase Renault Security Gateway function?
Reply: Renault Security Gateway function can be purchased as per usage times. There are 3 methods to purchase it:
- Read Renault vehicle by auto detect or manual selection from Diagnostic or Service, after that, there will be a pop-up for customer to purchase the Renault Security Gateway function if there is no available usage times.
- Read Renault vehicle by auto detect or manual selection from Diagnostic or Service, and if the Renault Security Gateway function is available for the vehicle, there will be an OEM Authorization icon on diagnostics toolbar on the top of interface, then customer can click this icon to purchase the function.
- If Renault Security Gateway function has been purchased before, then customer can go to OEM Authorization on MaxiSys Job Menu to renew the subscription.
Q7: How to use Renault Security Gateway function?
- Go to Diagnostic or Service;
- Read Renault vehicle by auto detect or manual selection;
- Click Unlock (If the function is not purchased yet, then there will be a pop-up and it needs to purchase the function as the pop-up indicates).
- Click OK when the device shows Unlock successfully, which means the security gateway is unlocked successfully.
Q8: Where is the OEM Authorization icon?
- There is OEM Authorization icon on MaxiSys Job Menu;
- There is also OEM Authorization icon on diagnostics toolbar on the top of interface after reading vehicle and if OEM Authorization is available for the vehicle,
Q9: What is OEM Authorization used for?
- the OEM Authorization app can be used to check the account, the rest available times that can be used or active OEM authorization period, etc. for a certain vehicle’s OEM authorization.
- It can also be used to renew the subscription of OEM authorization.
Note: If the device has not purchased any Security Gateway function, it will show blank page when entering OEM authorization.