How to update Autel MaxiCOM MK908 II/ MK908 PRO II Diagnostic Tool for latest features and coverage? This should be very necessary for first time using. This article is talking about auto update, diagnostic software & VCI software update. Read it carefully that will certainly help you.
How to turn on Auto Update?
The Auto Update allows MK908 II/ MK908 Pro2 tablet to automatically update the MaxiCOM system and the vehicle software. All you need to do is to switch ON by tapping the button on the right side of each and set the desired automatic update time.
- To set OS Update, MaxiCOM Update or Vehicle Update
- Press “Settings” on MaxiCOM Job Menu.
- Press “Auto Update” on the left column. The three auto update items list will show on the right.
- Turn ON the button on the right of item that you want to auto update.
- Press on the time to set a specific time for update: you can drag the small circle around the tip of clock pointer or press on the keyboard icon to manually enter the time.
- Press OK to complete.
An internet connection is necessary for auto update work properly. Make sure the device is connected to the Internet during your scheduled time.
Why to update MK908 II/ MK908Pro II?
The Update application allows you to download the latest released software. The updates
can improve the MaxiCOM applications’ capabilities, typically by adding new tests, new models or enhanced applications to the database.
The tablet automatically searches for available updates for all the MaxiCOM software when it is connected to the Internet. Any updates that are found can be downloaded and installed on the device. This section describes installing an update to the MaxiCOM Diagnostics System.
How to use MK908 II/ MK908Pro II Update?
- Navigation & Controls
- Home Button – returns to the MaxiCOM Job Menu.
- Update All – updates all available updates.
- Show Recent – shows recent updates.
- Renew – displays expire date of the software. Press on Renew button to extend Autel Software Subscription.
- Refresh – refreshes interface.
- Search – searches a specific update item by entering the file name(eg. A specific vehicle make).
- Status Bar
- Left Side – displays the MaxiCOM device model info & SN.
- Right Side – displays an update progress bar indicating the completion status.
- Main Section
- Left Column – displays vehicle logos.
- Middle Column – displays a brief introduction about the new changes to the software operation or capabilities. Press “i” button to view more details, press the dim area around to close the window.
- Right Column – depending on the operation status of each software, the icon displays differently.
- Press Update icon to update the selected item.
- Press the Pause icon to suspend the updating procedure.
- Press the Continue icon to continue updating the suspended update.
How to update MK908 II/ MK908Pro II Software?
- Power up Autel MK908 II/ IM908 Pro II Tablet, ensure that it is connected to a power source and has a good Internet connection.
- Press the “Update” application button from the MaxiCOM Job Menu or the update notification when received.
- Check all available updates:
– If you decide to update all the items, press the “Update All button”.
– If you only want to update some individual items, press the “Update” icon on the right column of the specific time.
- Press the “Pause” icon to suspend the updating process. Press the “Continue” icon to resume the update from the pause point.
- When the updating process is completed, the software will be installed automatically. The new version will replace the old version.
How to update VCI Software?
Before updating the MK908 II/ MK908 Pro2 VCI software, please make sure the MaxiCOM tablet network connection is stable.
- Power on MaxiCOM tablet.
- Connect the VIC to MaxiCOM tablet via Bluetooth or USB.
- Press “VCI Manager” application on the MaxiCOM Job Menu of the tablet.
- Select “VCI Update” from the connection mode list.
- The current version and the latest version of the VCI will be displayed after a few seconds. Press “Update Now” to update the VCI.